Bogota, Colombia – Local Colombian Tourists on the historic square called Chorro de Quevedo in the La Candelaria district of Bogotá, the Andean capital city of the South American country of Colombia. It is here that the Spanish Conquistador, Gonzalo Jiménez de Quesada founded the city in 1538. It is also from this place that the Zipa, or Chief of the Muisca tribe, viewed the Sabana de Bogota regularly. In 1832 the site was purchased by the Augustinian priest, Father Quevedo, who installed the public water fountain seen in the image. Its water supply was cut off when a nearby building collapsed in 1896. In the background, painted red and beige is a facade that is obviously a much later architectural addition. Photo shot on a cloudy morning; horizontal format. Copy space.